Post by charlie_b_barkin_Vista on Jun 23, 2008 18:35:07 GMT 8
here is the secret how I do it:
1. go slow and take it easy when you are being blown by the wind. In climbing up the wall, i do a slow phase around 6 to 8 kph. Going up is easy but the descending is the hard part. you are being blown side ways when you go down hill from maarat.
2. step down the bike during downhill. and foot draw the bike when you go down hill on a stormy day. if you cannot ride on it or the wind is blowing you side ways do this steps.
3. rains are sloppy they tend to blast you with water on your face when you run pretty fast. so slow down your phase when you ride on a rainy day.
4. check your brakes. V-Brakes or linear brakes are amazing stuff. If you get the proper brand of brake shoe you get a powerful brake force even on wet and muddy conditions. I use MOB cartridge type brake pads on my norco. is an extremely hard compound rubber. it actually wears out my rim slower than my old brake shoes. but it gives me and incredible brake power.
5. Philippine made tires are incredible. they work on all kind of Philippine weather conditions. I use a Leo Star Tires 26 X 1.95. These puppies are not slippery on wet condition but you have to be more careful when you drive this on mud. they tend to slap mud to your face. and be sure to keep your tires at 40 psi. go below 40 psi will brake your Leo Tires side wall. go over 40 psi for example 50 psi and above will blow your tire to pieces when you climb or run fast.
6. get a heavy bike so you won't be blown away by the wind.;D (note: for weight winnies only) mine is heavy duty. with metal chain rings, heavy suspension fork which give me a sturdy ride on flood and river crossings.
"Lightning injuries are varied and take many different forms. The most dangerous (and possibly fatal) immediate complications are cardiovascular and neurologic. It must be kept in mind that only immediate and effective cardiorespiratory resuscitation (started by rescuers), followed as soon as possible by emergency medical treatment, can save victims who are in cardiopulmonary arrest, or avert the serious consequences of cerebral hypoxia. Some victims remain in a coma despite intensive resuscitation and die of secondary causes including hemorrhages and multiple lesions (encephalic, cardiac, pulmonary, intra-abdominal)."
My buddy Eric avonlady (of old) and I rode Maarat back in 2005 during a storm ... rode up from Ka Tobias at 4pm and the dang storm hit us at 6pm til 8pm..flood everywhere hub-deep. rode up to Giant and went back ...the trail was like a river snaking and swirling... We were glad to have escaped injury.
we were using puny lights pa ...visibility was 4 ft (rear tire of your buddy)
our verdict: never again
Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 23:16:32 GMT 8 by Alphabolt
"those who stray ... will come back in time and If I were to stray, I pray I stray to where I still need two wheels to get by"
"everyone has the darkside, us few just chose to take it for a ride"
"7 thousand islands = 7 thousand trails, eh ?"
LUCKY SPERM Fun Racing Team "you podium, we kick you out. It s a lifestyle not a statement"
stealthwanderer: Ayan yung matagal ko na gusto itanong: 1 Hour ride, mabasa ng ulan o' mabasa ng pawis sa loob ng kapote. Baka kasi ako lang nageenjoy sa ulan kasi may paliguan pagdating sa trabaho, hahah.
Aug 9, 2019 11:35:30 GMT 8
anthrax76: sa ngayon, mag jacket lang ako kapag umuulan at mahangin. kasi masakit sa balat ang matulin na ulan tsaka malakas makababa ng core temperature ang wind chill.
Aug 10, 2019 22:17:32 GMT 8
anthrax76: pero kung normal na ulan, 'di naman mahangin, hanggang mabasa na lang ako ng ulan okey lang. although i minimize kung gano katagal ako exposed. anything more than an hour, medyo delikado.
Aug 10, 2019 22:21:04 GMT 8
konablack: gamit ko two-piece raincoat, dehins lang sya ideal kung may backpack ka
Aug 13, 2019 7:39:14 GMT 8
oniechan: altered poncho..dahil ng backpack..bawas ng haba sa likod at sa side..mas malamig compared sa 2-pc na raincoat....
Aug 13, 2019 11:27:45 GMT 8
anthrax76: yung poncho, ginagamit ko lang sa climb or kapag naglalakad. feeling ko saranggola ako kapag naka bike eh, ha ha.
Aug 15, 2019 23:44:25 GMT 8
anthrax76: ang weird kagabi, padyak ako pero kahit may headwind at crosswind, swabe lang. parang tailwind yung pakiramdam.
Aug 24, 2019 4:32:23 GMT 8
lefty: Na experience nyo na sir yung pagbaba mo ng mabilis sa tulay biglang may malakas na crosswind tapos umangat yung front wheel? Nangyari na sa kin once pagbaba ko ng Southpeak. Mga March yun last year, mahangin talaga around that time last year.
Aug 24, 2019 8:50:45 GMT 8
lefty: Umangat ng konti na parang tinulak ng konti pa-side. Buti na control ko at di ako sumemplang. Nangyayari ba talaga ito normally? First time ko naka-experience nun.
Aug 24, 2019 8:56:30 GMT 8
anthrax76: hmm...never pa naman umangat yung harap na gulong ko. i get pushed downwind pero never pa umangat.
Aug 24, 2019 21:10:36 GMT 8
corollafreak: wassup!!! long time no hear dito =D
Aug 27, 2019 15:06:23 GMT 8
stealthwanderer: Hello! Meron bang pumapasok around Greenhills? If so, saan kayo nagpapark ng bike?
Aug 27, 2019 17:54:27 GMT 8
anthrax76: @cf!!! uy kumusta na?
Aug 28, 2019 0:01:25 GMT 8
anthrax76: stealthwanderer, dati may parking ang bikes dun from firefly brigade, sa parking sa harap. pero ginawa na yata yun so dehins ko alam kung saan nalipat. try ko magtanong minsan kapag napasyal ako.
Aug 28, 2019 0:02:48 GMT 8
konablack: wala na yung parking spot ng firefly brigade doon
Sept 4, 2019 9:26:36 GMT 8